The Reel Fishing Spot with Jye Sheridan 20/01/17
The Dawesville Cut:
• Herring, skippy, king george whiting, yellowfin whiting, tailor off the estuary ends
• Best bait: prawn or squid fished on either a sinking rig for the whiting or skippy and a burley cage rig for the herring, for the tailor a mulie under a float or unweighted depending on tidal flow
The Mandurah channel:
• herring, yellow fin whiting, skippy, tarwhine, tailor and crabs
• Best baits: whitebait or anchovies for the tailor, bloodworm for the whiting or prawns or squid are more popular baits.
• tailor, herring, yellowfin whiting and some nice crabs
• Best methods to catch them: for the tailor a smiling jack trolled slowly or a mulie thrown after dark, mullet in drop nets for crabs or scooping late afternoon.
• Tims Thicket and White Hills: some good tailor, occasional mulloway and plenty of whiting and herring during the day. The best bait is a Fremantle scaly on a weighted rig.
• Halls Head to Singleton: tailor, odd mulloway, yellowfin whiting and herring. Best bait is a Fremantle scaly on a weighted rig.
Black Bream: both rivers have held some good numbers of fish.
Crayfish: reds fishing reasonable on the reef
• Best Bait: blue mackerel, tuna heads, hoki heads
For the boaties: snapper, dhufish, baldchin groper, breaksea cod, samson fish, king george and skippy
• Best bait: squid and octopus and mulies and plenty of burley for the skippy
Latest Gadget: Richter Lures JNR. Tornado