A bushfire WATCH AND ACT has been issued for people in an area bounded by Mundijong Road, Kwinana Freeway, Folly Road and St Albans Road in BALDIVIS in CITY OF ROCKINGHAM.
• There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a fire is approaching in the area and conditions are changing.
• You need to leave or get ready to actively defend.
• The fire started near the intersection of KWINANA FWY and SAFETY BAY RD in BALDIVIS
WHAT TO DO:
• If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
• If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
• If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.
• Close all doors and windows and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
• It is out of control and unpredictable.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Some roads may be closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR CITY OF ROCKINGHAM.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• Firefighters are on the scene.
• The fire was reported at 09:29 AM on 6 June 2019.
• The cause of the fire is unknown.
• DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to news bulletins.
Updates will be issued every two hours unless the situation changes