If you live in parts of Perth Metro, Lower West and South West districts you need to get ready now for the severe weather coming early tomorrow morning.
Locations which may be affected include Armadale, Harvey, Kalamunda, Midland and Pinjarra.
WHAT TO DO:
• Store or weigh down loose objects around your home like outdoor furniture that could be picked up and thrown by strong winds, causing damage or injury
• Ensure your emergency kit is complete including a battery operated radio, torch, spare batteries and first aid kit
• Ensure pets and animals are in a safe area
• Move vehicles under cover
• Campers should find safe shelter away from trees, powerlines, storm water drains and streams
If you are away from home contact family or friends to prepare your property.
At 21/11/2023 10:55:00 the Bureau of Meteorology advised a low pressure system off the Geraldton coast will combine with a high pressure system to the southeast of the state to produce a vigorous east to northeasterly aistream over parts of southwestern Western Australia.
Strong east to northeasterly winds averaging 50 to 60 kilometres an hour with DAMAGING WIND GUSTS of around 90 kilometres an hour are likely to develop over parts of the southwest of the state in the early hours of Wednesday.
Winds are expected to ease below warning thresholds by early Wednesday afternoon.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Some roads may be closed.
Take extra care on the roads and do not drive into water of unknown depth and current.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by visiting the Main Roads Travel Map, calling 138 138 or by contacting your Local Government Authority.
WHAT EMERGENCY SERVICES ARE DOING:
• DFES is monitoring the situation.
IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE:
• If it is safe to do so, please do what you can to help yourself before calling the SES for assistance.
• If your home has been badly damaged by a storm, call the SES on 132 500.
• In a life threatening situation call 000.
After a storm SES volunteers make temporary repairs to homes that have been badly damaged, such as roofs that have been ripped off or large fallen trees on homes or cars. Please contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.