Donnybrook mum's lighter warning

PIC: 7 News

A young Donnybrook mother has been left with burns to her face, neck and shoulder after a butane lighter exploded in her hands and covered her with flames.

Bianca Taylor was trying to turn down the height of the flame when she heard gas escaping and then a big bang.

The 25-year-old told Seven News she bought the Chinese-made lighter from a store in Bunbury.

The store has voluntarily removed them from its shelves, but Ms Taylor wants them banned across the country.

“I remember a big ball of fire like literally in my face and I remember my hair on fire out the sides of my eyes.

“As soon as the flames hit my face it was like my skin had been scorched off, it was so painful.

"I could have gone blind, I could have inhaled flames and it could have burnt my oesophagus."

More from Local News

Fuel Watch
  • 137.9: Caltex Woolworths Falcon
  • 137.9: 7-Eleven Mandurah
  • 139.7: Puma Mandurah
  • 139.7: Puma Meadow Springs
  • 139.9: 7-Eleven Greenfields South