A bushfire WATCH AND ACT has been issued for people in an area bounded by Mundijong Road, St Albans Road, Bertenshaw Road, Doghill Road, Powell Road, Serpentine Road and Baldivis Road in BALDIVIS in the CITY OF ROCKINGHAM.
• The alert level for this fire has been downgraded as the threat has eased..
• There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a fire is in the area and conditions are changing.
• You need to leave or get ready to actively defend.
WHAT TO DO:
• If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
• If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
• If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.
• Close all doors and windows and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
• The bushfire is moving slowly in a south south westerly direction.
• It is out of control and unpredictable.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency services personnel working on site.
A number of roads have been closed including:
• Kwinana Freeway between Mundijong Road and Karnup Road
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the CITY OF ROCKINGHAM.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• Firefighters are on the scene, actively fighting the fire.
• Career Fire and Rescue Service, Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service, Bush Fire Service, Volunteer Fire and Emergency Services firefighters are attending.
• Firefighters have worked hard to save a number of homes in the area.
• The fire was reported at 09:29 AM on 6 June 2019.
• Currently there has been 111 hectares burnt.
• The cause of the fire is unknown.
• DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to news bulletins.
Updates will be issued every two hours unless the situation changes.