The pair will appear in the Perth Magistrates Court today, 19 June 2019 charged with over 40 offences including home burglary and the stealing of vehicles.
About 1.30pm yesterday, 18 June 2019, detectives sighted a stolen Toyota Camry in a carpark located on Mill Point Road in Como. The driver failed to stop when requested to do so and evaded police through South Perth, Manning and Brentwood where the vehicle was abandoned. Two occupants of the vehicle were taken into custody.
A 40-year-old man of no fixed address has been charged with:-
• 11 counts of Stealing;
• Eight counts of Steal Motor Vehicle;
• Four counts of Aggravated Home Burglary and Commit;
• Four counts of Gains Benefit by Fraud;
• Three counts of Aggravated Burglary and Commit;
• Two counts of No Authority to Drive;
• One count each of Home Burglary and Commit;
• Burglary and Commit;
• Attempted Home Burglary with Intent;
• Steal Motor Vehicle and Drive Recklessly;
• Driver Fail to Comply with Direction to Stop;
• False Plates; and
• Reckless Driving.
A 27-year-old woman from South Lake has been charged with:-
• Seven counts of Gains Benefit by Fraud;
• One count of Aggravated Home Burglary and Commit; and
• One count of Stealing.