The Surf Life Saving helicopter will begin patrols for Perth and Peel region beaches this weekend.
Last year, the State-funded helicopter patrols watched over WA beaches for 890 hours and reported 462 shark sightings.
Fisheries Minister Dave Kelly announced on Friday both the Perth and South-West patrols will commence on the same day for the first time.
The patrols will begin with extensive weekend surveillance of beaches during the first month of spring.
Perth helicopter patrols, from Yanchep to Mandurah, will then become daily from September 30 and run through to the end of April next year.
The South-West flights from Bunbury to Hamelin Bay will become daily in the September/October 2019 and April 2020 school holidays, as well as from November 16, 2019 to February 2, 2020, before reverting back to weekend and public holiday patrols.
Minister Kelly said the State Government has been working closely with Surf Life Saving WA to provide maximum beach safety during peak periods.
"We have committed more than $2.8 million to support this season's new schedule of flights that deliver an important surveillance tool for our comprehensive, non-lethal shark hazard mitigation strategy," he said.
"Beachgoers are reminded that they can also do their bit to make our beaches even safer by switching on their Sea Sense before they head for the beach or get out on the water."
Man fined thousands for keeping dozens of undersize blue swimmer crabs caught off Coodanup Foreshore
2026 Mandurah ArtsĀ Festival to feature month-long program of performances, workshops
Candidates locked-in for Rockingham council vacancy
Man charged over alleged cruelty towards German Shepherd in Baldivis
Calls for improved safety after three major crashes on Forrest Highway in West Pinjarra
Rockingham Flames crowned 2026 NBL1 West champions
Early voting for Secret Harbour by-election begins Monday
Welfare concerns for missing Swedish national last seen in Warnbro
Wanted man last seen in Golden Bay