Premier Mark McGowan and Health Minister Roger Cook visited Peel Health Campus today to reveal plans for the upgrade of the emergency department and car park.
The plans include $5 million for the Peel Health Campus emergency department expansion and $4.4 million to upgrade the car park.
The expansion includes:
• a new fast-track area to improve patient triage;
• new holding bays designed for more privacy for patients awaiting inpatient admission;
• reconfiguration of the existing triage area to facilitate early senior medical review and to improve patient privacy and comfort;
• redesign of the emergency department waiting room; and
• the addition of seven beds to the short stay unit to further streamline patient flow from the emergency department
Conceptual planning and design has been completed with approval in principle received from the state Licensing and Accreditation Regulatory Unit (LARU).
A full set of construction drawings and specifications are currently being prepared for ‘approval to construct’ with the intention to advertise to the market on Tenders WA in September 2019.
Construction is expected to commence early February 2020 with an estimated completion date in August 2020.
In addition to these works, the 225 car parking bay expansion at Peel Health Campus is set to get underway mid-August, for completion in November 2019, with the local branch of the Industrial Roadpavers awarded the tender.