Unlucky possum the cause of Bouvard bushfire

PIC: Falcon Volunteer Fire and Rescue/Facebook

An unlucky possum has been revealed as the cause of a bushfire in Bouvard overnight.

A member of the public called triple zero after noticing the flames along White Hills Road near Old Coast Road around 2.30am on Friday.

Luckily, the fire was quickly extinguished thanks to the efforts of local firefighters.

"The culprit for the fire was identified to be an unfortunate possum who had put a foot out of place on the overhead powerlines," a Falcon Volunteer Fire and Rescue spokesperson said.

"Today promises to be another hot day and potentially a busy day for the brigade.

"Fortunately last night there was no wind which assisted us greatly, it could have been a different story otherwise."

 

More from Local News

Fuel Watch
  • 173.5: X Convenience Erskine
  • 173.9: Ampol Foodary Erskine
  • 175.9: Ampol Foodary Falcon (Miami Beach)
  • 177.9: Caltex Meadow Springs
  • 178.9: Coles Express Halls Head