A Mongols gang member from Cooloongup has been charged with a string of offences following an aggravated home burglary in Como.
Police say the 29-year-old man and another unknown man gained entry to a unit on Eric Street in Como on November 20 by impersonating police officers executing a search warrant.
Once inside the pair allegedly assaulted a 34-year-old woman and a 75-year-old man.
The 34-year-old woman was struck on the head with a tomahawk axe and suffered a suspected skull fracture and head wound, while the 75-year-old man was knocked over and suffered bruising to his arms and legs.
Police say further inquiries revealed the accused duo had targeted the wrong unit and occupants and fled the scene prior to police arrival.
On Wednesday officers from the Gang Crime Squad and Gang Response Team arrested the accused 29-year-old and searched his Cooloongup home.
During their search they allegedly found $18,000 in cash, a knuckle dagger weapon, a loaded revolver handgun, ammunition, cannabis, steroids, methylamphetamine, and drug paraphernalia.
The Cooloongup man has since been charged with:
• 2 x Possess Drug Paraphernalia Containing Prohibited Drug/Plant
• 2 x Possess a Prohibited Drug (Cannabis)
• 2 x Possess a Prohibited Drug
• 1 x Having Ready Access to Both Weapons and Illegal Drugs
• 1 x Possess a Prohibited Drug (Methylamphetamine)
• 1 x Aggravated Home Burglary and Commit
• 1 x Unlawful Wounding
• 1 x Aggravated ABOH
• 1 x Impersonating a Public Officer
• 1 x Possession of Stolen or Unlawfully Obtained Property
• 1 x Possessed a Prohibited Weapon
• 1 x Unlicensed Person Possess Firearm/Ammunition
• 1 x Possess Firearm with Circumstances of Aggravation
He is due to face the Perth Magistrates Court on December 20.
Police inquiries are still ongoing in relation to the alleged second main involved in the incident.