Impact of Vision Loss on Daily Life Presentation - Invisible Illnesses
Friday, February 26th, 2021
On Friday 26th February, Invisible Illnesses Inc are hosting a presentation with Vision Australia to talk about the impact of vision loss.
Vision impairment can affect people of all ages. Major causes of vision impairment include stroke, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration. Approximately two thirds of people who are vision impaired are over the age of 65.
Vision impairment or loss can dramatically impact a person’s life and is often an invisible disability but with the right support and advice, people can continue to do the things they enjoy and remain independent.
You are invited to a presentation to learn about services that can support people who are blind or low vision live more independently and to continue doing the things they love.
- Overview of common eye conditions and their impact on vision
- Impact of vision loss on daily living activities and supportive strategies
- Learn about how adaptive technology can assist people with vision loss to complete daily tasks safely and more efficiently, and how to access information more easily
- Learn about the impact of vision loss on moving around safely and independently
- Identify when, why and how you can access Vision Australia’s specialist services
Book your ticket now!
More Information (97.3 Coast FM is not responsible for external websites)
3/4 Leach Cres
The event runs from 10:00am to 12:00pm on the following dates.
Select a date to add this event to your calendar app.