A bushfire advice has been issued for people in an area bounded by Port Kennedy Drive, Warnbro Sound Avenue and Secret Harbour Boulevard in Port Kennedy.
There is no threat to lives or homes, but there is a lot of smoke in the area.
Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
The fire started near the intersection of Warnbro Sound Avenue and Secret Harbour Boulevard in Port Kennedy.
WHAT TO DO:
If driving -
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
- The bushfire is moving slowly.
- It is a small controllable fire.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
- Roads have not been closed.
- Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene, actively fighting the fire.
- 35 Career Fire and Rescue Service, Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service, Volunteer Fire and Emergency Services, Parks and Wildlife Service firefighters are attending.
- Aerial support has been sent to assist ground crews.
- The Parks and Wildlife Service and the City of Rockingham are also in attendance.
- The fire was reported at 08:56 AM on 8 November 2019.
- Currently there has been 2.7 hectares hectares burnt.
- The cause of the fire is unknown.
- People are asked to report any suspicious behaviour to Police Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
- DFES is managing the fire.