Man suffers burns in Yallingup barbecue fire

A man has been rushed to hospital with burns after a barbecue caught on fire in Yallingup.

Emergency services were called to Smiths Beach Road just before 9.30am on Monday with reports of a gas explosion.

A DFES spokesperson said it involved a barbecue.

The rescue helicopter was sent to the scene but was later stood down.

A man was taken by ambulance on priority to Busselton Hospital with burns and a woman was also conveyed to hospital suffering from shock.

More from Local News

Fuel Watch
  • 139.9: Caltex Woolworths Mandurah
  • 141.9: Coles Express Halls Head
  • 141.9: Coles Express Singleton
  • 142.9: 7-Eleven Greenfields South
  • 142.9: Coles Express Lakelands