The latest GfK and Commercial Radio Australia special category report (the first for 2021) on "Car Buyers", is out, the key insights include:
• Over 1.9M car buyers tune into commercial radio across five metropolitan markets each week
• The best time to reach car buyers is between 7-10am and 3-4pm Monday-Friday
• Car buyer listeners spend on average 14 hours 21 mins listening to commercial radio each week
• The mostly listen to commercial radio in the car (35%) or at home (38%) at work (25%).
SO WHO ARE THESE CAR BUYERS AGED 16+?
• 53.8% are Male; 46.2% are Female, with an average age of 41.1
• And compared with commercial radio listeners aged 16+, those planning on buying a car are more likely to work full time (55.9%) and spend $176+ per week on groceries, 43.5%
DID YOU KNOW:
• Commercial radio reaches car buyers who don’t engage with other commercial media!
25.5% don’t watch commercial television in an average day.
34.6% don’t read newspaper in an average week.
AND 7.4% don’t use any social media (Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter or others.
• Listeners who are intending on buying a car are internet savvy, spending 3+ hours per day on the internet doing a range of tasks and purchases:
94.2% do banking and pay bills online
44.9% buy books or magazines online
72.4% buy clothes online
45.7% buy food and/or groceries
43.2% buy music online
80.8% buy other products online.
SO… who says car buyers don’t listen to radio? Not Us!
If you are a car dealer, contact us today and reach your prospective buyers... you know they're listening!
Source: GfK Radio Ratings, Mon-Sun 12mn-12mn, Car Buyers 16+, SMBAP S1-2 2021, % of Commercial Radio Listeners (unless otherwise stated)