Erskine house destroyed by fire

Firefighters at the scene of the house fire in Erskine. PIC: Falcon Volunteer Fire and Rescue/Facebook

A house in Erskine has been destroyed by fire.

Fire crews were called out to the single-storey property on Abbotsford Parkway just before 6.30pm on Sunday.

When they arrived, the lounge room, kitchen and bedroom were on fire.

It took firefighters 25 minutes to bring the blaze under control.

A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokesperson said the fire was caused by a release of a gas cylinder which was ignited by a nearby gas heater.

Luckily, all occupants managed to escape uninjured. 

More from Local News

Fuel Watch
  • 186.9: Ampol Foodary Falcon (Miami Beach)
  • 186.9: EG Ampol Falcon
  • 187.5: X Convenience Erskine
  • 187.9: Ampol Foodary Erskine
  • 189.9: BP Singleton