Warning to home owners after Falcon firies attend insulation fire

Firefighters responded to a structure fire in the Mandurah area. PIC: Falcon Volunteer Fire and Rescue/Facebook

Falcon Volunteer Fire and Rescue is urging home owners to check their insulation after attending a fire in the Mandurah area overnight.

Firefighters were called to the property to find the loose fill insulation in the attic space was smouldering.

"Not wanting to damage the house with loads of water the firefighters got up the roof and lifted some tiles to gain access to the roof space and remove all the burnt insulation," Falcon Volunteer Fire and Rescue posted on their Facebook page.

"It’s a timely reminder if you have an older house to have the insulation checked as over time loose fill insulation loses a lot of its insulation properties and more importantly its fire resistance."

More from Local News

Fuel Watch
  • 169.3: X Convenience Erskine
  • 175.9: Coles Express Mandurah
  • 175.9: Ampol Foodary Erskine
  • 175.9: Coles Express Halls Head
  • 175.9: Coles Express Lakelands